Meadowbrook Academy is seeking to hire a year round, part-time, Custodian (20 hours per week, 9am - 1pm). This individual should be an active and dedicated Christian who is willing to become a member of Meadowbrook Church. Candidates should be able to complete custodial assignments with excellence, and in accordance with Meadowbrook Church & Academy’s philosophy, goals and objectives. The candidate must meet the following qualifications and will work under the direct supervision of the principal.
- Education - High school graduate / equivalency diploma preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience; supplemented by demonstrated ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the work.
- Experience– Prior custodial experience preferred.
- Certificates and/or Licenses - Valid Florida driver’s license.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of current technology, as required for the position.
NOTE: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in this position. The omission of specific statements of duties do not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, strip, apply sealer and finish to floors; clean and polish furniture; dust furniture; clean and sanitize restrooms and replace toilet room supplies; dispose of trash and garbage; clean glass, walls, ceilings, windows, wood work and light fixtures.
- Utilize various cleaning agents, mixing according to label instructions, and using in accordance with prescribed safety precautions and directions in accordance with the MSDS regulations.
- Utilize various custodial and general maintenance equipment, i.e., mops, booms, buffers, pressure cleaners and blowers.
- Assist in securing all rooms, buildings, gates and facilities after daily use or servicing.
- Sweep and clean walks, assist in keeping outside premises clean and in an orderly condition.
- Move furniture and equipment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others orally and in writing.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work related problems.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- May be required to push, pull, crawl, climb or lift 40+ pounds.
To formally apply for this position, please click on the "Apply for this Job" button.